Call for Applications: Chief Legal OfficerPublished on Mon Dec 12 2022
The ELSC is seeking a Chief Legal Officer based in Amsterdam to oversee the legal team on all cases and projects emanating (mainly) from Germany, The Netherlands and the UK.
The role will cover five main areas of work:
- managing the legal team consisting of three Legal Officers in their daily activities;
- supervising the legal team’s casework and research on the repression of Palestinian rights advocates throughout Europe and mainly in Germany, the Netherlands and the UK;
- providing legal advice to ELSC clients on their rights under domestic law and European human rights law;
- devising and advising on strategies and guides to defend those affected by restrictive policies; and
- overseeing the legal team’s organisation and participation in workshops and advocacy events.
Location: The position would be based in Amsterdam. Remote-working will be considered.
To read the full job description, please click here.
How to apply
Please send your CV, a one-page cover letter outlining why you want to work for the ELSC and how you meet our requirements, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org including the subject line ‘ELSC Chief Legal Officer’.
The deadline for applications is 30 December 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial (online) interview during the second week of January. Prior to the interview, candidates will be asked to complete a short assignment.
Start date and training period: The shadow position will commence between 01 February 2023 and 01 March 2023. The successful candidate will be required to undertake 3 or 4 months of training (32 hours per week) before taking over the role of Chief Legal Officer in June 2023 (this position is 36-40 hours per week). Training will involve working alongside the current Chief Legal Officer on the specific tasks outlined above to ensure the candidate has the requisite expertise and knowledge to successfully manage the legal team.