Call for Applications: Advocacy Officer for GermanyPublished on Tue Sep 26 2023
The European Legal Support Center (ELSC) is seeking an Advocacy Officer for Germany.
As the Advocacy Officer for Germany, you will work mainly with the Advocacy Officers and the Legal Officer for Germany. Please note that long-term commitment is requested from the applicants since this position is envisaged as such:
1. A training phase of 6 months based in Amsterdam, with 1 to 3 trips in Berlin – Ideal starting date: November 2023 / Latest starting date: January 2024.
2. After a period of 5 months, an assessment will be made with your supervisors (Advocacy & Communication Manager, Legal Officer for Germany and the ELSC Director). If the traineeship is successful, a long-term position as the Advocacy Officer for Germany based in Berlin will be offered, entailing more responsibilities.
Specific tasks, for the training phase, can include support in:
- Designing and implementing public outreach campaigns.
- Drafting and publishing case summaries/updates on the website (in coordination with the legal officers).
- Drafting and posting social media content: text, visuals, videos/reels.
- Drafting, sending and publishing the monthly Newsletter.
- Maintaining and expanding our network of support in Germany.
- Organising and facilitating in-person community events and/or workshops with activists, academics, students and lawyers.
- Drafting content crowdfunding campaigns.
- Organising and promoting ELSC public events.
The second phase (long-term position) will include the above tasks that concern Germany, in line with the yearly country strategy developed by the Legal Officer for Germany and the ACO team – more autonomy on these tasks will be expected from you than during the training phase. On the long-term, the following additional tasks will be expected:
- Representing the ELSC in public events and interviews.
- Maintaining and expanding our network of journalists in Germany.
To read the full job description and requirements, please click here.
How to apply
Please send your CV, a one-page cover letter outlining why you want to work with the ELSC and how you meet our requirements, in English, to email@example.com including the subject line ‘ELSC Vacancy ACO Germany’. The deadline for applications is 8 October 2023.