Call for Application: UK ParalegalPublished on Wed Nov 01 2023
The European Legal Support Center (ELSC) is seeking a Paralegal for the UK.
Job title: Paralegal
Department: UK Legal Defence Team
Office location: Remote working
Reporting to: UK Legal Officer – Team Leader
Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility is required from time to time to meet the professional requirements of the role.
Contract: Short term contract – ends 31 Dec 2023, start as soon as possible, Full-time – £2000 – £2500 depending on experience
Overall purpose for this role
- To provide a reliable and efficient support service for UK Legal Officer and assist with general administration of cases of repression;
- To undertake a wide variety of paralegal and administrative tasks as set out below.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To effectively manage the intake and referral of cases and ensure that accurate information and instructions are obtained from clients and accurate records are maintained;
- Assist with drafting documents, client liaison including interviewing clients and taking instructions, research work and provide general administrative support;
- Sort and review records, drafting case summaries, liaise with solicitors, barristers and third parties;
- Ensure that urgent matters are escalated and referred to appropriate person in a timely manner.
Client/ 3rd party management
- Communicate with clients/ other parties as and when necessary, in a professional, courteous and efficient manner;
Document/ Data management
- Ensure documents and copies of correspondence are kept up to date and filed;
- Ensure accuracy when updating client information on the relevant databases;
- Ensure database information is updated and maintained in accordance with instructions and in line with relevant processes;
- Open new files and close old files as required.
- Genuine interest in working with European Legal Support Centre and passionate about defending Palestinian solidarity and providing access to justice to all;
- Good academic background with legal qualifications (Law Degree or GDL required; LPC/SQE or BPTC not required);
- Previous experience in a legal firm, chambers and/or legal clinic or law centre
- Ability to manage own workload in a busy environment to a consistently high standard and timely manner;
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to client care;
- Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with a wide range of clients and various stakeholders;
- Experience with dealing with clients sensitively and managing difficult conversations;
- Proven ability to work and contribute in a team environment;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Teams
- Experience in interviewing and liaising with clients and taking witness statements
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via this form.
Fill in the form, upload a copy of your CV and complete the assignment.
Rolling application process – open until filled.